market-farming - [Market-farming] Hardening off Fall Brassica Seedlings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hardening off Fall Brassica Seedlings
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:36:06 -0700 (PDT)

I am needing some ideas or advice.  I have over 500 broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussel Sprout seedlings that need to get planted out soon.  They are growing in my basement grow room in a cool 70-72 degrees.  Outside it is 95-102 with very high humidity. 8-10 day forecast says more of the same.  The night time temps are still in the mid and upper 70's.  I am afraid if I move them out to harden them off, in a high tunnel, it will shock and stress them too much.

Any ideas or do I even need to worry about this.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas