market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] More on frost free hydrants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] More on frost free hydrants
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 08:43:05 -0400

On Jul 2, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Scott Breneman wrote:

At any rate, we didn't realize that hydrants can be repaired from above ground, but they generally can.
The new plunger costs 3.50 at the hardware store, and Campbell recommends lubing it very well before installing with veg oil or Vaseline (silicone probably good too)

Just in case I need this info: can you describe the repair process?

And, are we talking now about hand pump hydrants? I have one of those, too (and it's also at 20+ years and still functioning.)