market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cucumbers and Planting Advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cucumbers and Planting Advice
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:50:24 -0700 (PDT)

I have never used Surround. I think I looked at it was very expensive, or am I thinking about the wrong product.

My biggest problem this year has been the striped cucumber beetle or the adult Corn Root Worm.  They look very similar. I have been keeping note that when they plant more corn around me then I have less pressure.  The following year, I get more pressure from them. This is the pressure year!

Thanks for the recommendations. I may look at some melons or even sweet potatoes,if I can find some slips to plant. Not a big market for basil or other herbs, yet.  I have lots of Okra planted, probably more than I can sell.

Maybe something good will come out of this.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com