market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] asparagus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] asparagus
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 18:23:59 -0400

If that asparagus is behaving like mine this year chances are that none was up for the first mowings. Although we have had a mild spring asparagus here is late and the grasses in the patch are way ahead of the stalks.

At this place I would probably scout and harvest all I could find that were over 2 inches high and then lawnmower the area and see what happens over the next week. I might find I have a productive patch worth paying attention to, or just some odd plants here and there which make an occasional addition to the supper salad.

MAsteveINE

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER." - Friar Tuck