market-farming - [Market-farming] cultivation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jen and Derek Campbell <jenanddereksfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] cultivation
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:50:03 -0300

Hello,

We purchased an eco-weeder from Univerco out of Quebec and we will use this for weeding crops such as squash, strawberries, broccoli; single row crops.  We also grow alot of greens on a 4foot bed system with 4-5 rows/bed.  We have looked online for cultivation options and have looked at the Wiliams Tool System from Market Farm and are also looking at basket weeders.  Can any one share their cultivation favourites for their operation?  Right now we're weeding everything by hand but want to incorporate tractor tillage to reduce people hours in the field.  Any suggestions??  Thanks in advance

Jen

--
Jen and Derek Campbell
1805 Route 13