market-farming - [Market-farming] Reply to growing cover crops on a single bed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Michael Libsch <mmlibsch AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Reply to growing cover crops on a single bed
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 18:52:34 +0000

Reply to growing cover crops on a single bed:

I have had good success drilling buckwheat and oat seeds with an Earthway. I use a seed plate with holes about 2x as large as the seeds so that seeds come out thickly. I run the Earthway along the beds in tight lines with one wheel path touching the next. This saves lots of seed - I found I used about a third the seed that I used when broadcasting by hand- and results in a thick planting.

Good luck,

Mike

  • [Market-farming] Reply to growing cover crops on a single bed, Michael Libsch, 05/09/2010