market-farming - [Market-farming] Cover Crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: grizzdover AT gmail.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cover Crops
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 08:45:19 -0500

Hello All,

Do any of you spread cover crops on just a single bed after a crop is
harvested? If so, do you hand spread it, use a drop spreader, or
what? Our beds are around 4 ft. wide and approx. 300 ft. When I have
hand spread it in the past, I've been pretty heavy handed and wonder
now if the drop spreader we have (a Scotts lawn type) would keep the
amount of seed spread more in check.

Thanks in advance,

Ben Saunders
Turtle Farm