market-farming - [Market-farming] Baby Bunnies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sheila Payne <srp75 AT msn.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Baby Bunnies
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:03:45 -0600

My son discovered a burrow with 6 baby bunnies in one of our raised beds.  This bed has just emerged beets and there was no sign of a burrow when the beets were seeded in.  We've not seen any sign of the mother.  My son wants to call the local animal rescue organization or relocate them if the mother does show up.  This is really crazy as he has been pretty good at shooting the grown rabbits, but ...ahhh, they are so tiny, and cute and well babies.... we are in a quandry as to what to do...I'm a softie, too.  Is there a "humane" way to dispatch them if the rescue people won't take them?

Somewhat embarrassed to be asking such a question....

Sheila