market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Lettuce questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "BarbaraJ" <jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Lettuce questions
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:16:12 -0600

Richard, I don't have answers for you, but I'm curious as to the type of lettuces you are selling well. I am starting trays of red/green bibb lettuces to sell as small heads this year in addition to my salad mixes. I'm wondering if you could make row covers of shade cloth. Didn't I see a picture here of someone who did that? Seems like it would help if you made low tunnels out of EMT and then clipped shade cloth to the row. Now if you've got acres like that, maybe not!

Barb
Front Range Colorado, where we actually got a bit of rain yesterday and it's cloudy and cool today
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Moyer" <ramoyer AT gmail.com>