market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] bugs
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 22:31:43 -0500

I have used a dust buster to suck up harlequin bugs. I have a small number of beds to monitor and have gotten rid of enough bugs to stay ahead of them. The device runs out of charge after doing several beds 30 ft long. I have thought of getting another dust buster so i could get further ahead. I like what i  was able to do last year. I go out in the morning and get them while they are up high sunning themselves. Sure beats squishing 50-60 of them. Don't like all that violence.

I don't think it would work on cucumber beetles because they are pretty quick. I am going to try getting them in the early part of the day when they are more sluggish.

Marty Kraft