market-farming - [Market-farming] Drip Tape, closing off the ends

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Two Onion Farm <farmer AT twoonionfarm.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Drip Tape, closing off the ends
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 06:27:23 -0500

We have used the fold over three times and slip inside a short piece of drip tape and it works but always drips a bit. We have recently switched to tieing a knot in the end of the drip tape and pulling the knot tight - as tight as you can without ripping the tape apart. This also drips a little bit but is very quick and simple to do and is more durable than the first method. With the first method the short piece of tape at the end can sometimes slip off during handling. My feeling is that the whole row of drip tape drips so I am not going to worry if the end drips as well.

Chris

Chris & Juli McGuire
Two Onion Farm
www.twoonionfarm.com