market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] - Wash Station design

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] - Wash Station design
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 20:16:14 -0400

I saw a neat idea at the NOFA-NY winter conference for rinsing/washing greens. It was a stock tank with a Jacuzzi pump for circulating and agitating the water. The grower would dump spinach in and scoop it out after it bounced around for a minute or so.

Andy

Don Lareau wrote:
Great question we too are adding a new area in particular a greens washing
station. We are thinking of using an old washing machine as the big spinner
we bought is finally falling into pieces. Also we wash a lot of buckets for
flowers and do a lot of roots, carrots and beets. I have seen that UW
worksheet but would love advice and any other publications you all know
about.

Thanks, Don

Zephyros Farm and Garden
Daphne Yannakakis and Don Lareau