market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] - Wash Station design

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <liz AT marketfarmshoptalk.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] - Wash Station design
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:35:51 -0400

mdbrabo AT att.net wrote:
We're in the process of "upgrading" our existing vegetable and fruit wash/packaging/cooling station. We can't fit everything under the tree we've been using the last couple seasons.

Do any of you know of on-line resources for sample designs & layouts?
We really want to incorporate a system to catch and re-use the wash water for irrigation.

Hey Mike, here's a pdf from the University of Wisconsin Extension that has several layouts for washing along with packing.

http://bse.wisc.edu/hfhp/tipsheets_pdf/shed4web.pdf

Liz Pike