market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] whats a LED?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] whats a LED?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 06:19:32 -0400

There are several styles of LED grow lights on the market but they are expensive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbDL0stkRA&feature=fvw shows how to make your own LED light.

the 2 links below are places that sell them and have many photos of these devices.

http://www.ledgrowlightsoutlet.com/

I believe we will start switching over to LED next season as we are also getting our grow room off the grid (right now we have 3 solar panels from Harbor Freight powering 6 fluorescent lights) and LED are a nice fit for a 12v system.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH