market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: [sno-valley-tilth] Organic Veg Farmers whouse Semin

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: [sno-valley-tilth] Organic Veg Farmers whouse Semin
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:26:04 -0400

On Mar 21, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Ryan Platte wrote:

There is this:

Ryan Platte
Bootstrap Acres, Rochester NY

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Road's End Farm  wrote:
They must have somewhere a list of varieties available for wholesalers to buy, but they're not necessarily going to make it easy for someone who isn't a seed company to get the list; and, not being a seed company, I don't know what route is usually taken to get at such lists. There's no complete list I can find posted on the websites of Seminis or of Monsanto (it may be there somewhere, but I can't find it.)

Thanks, Ryan; that is some help, but note this from the page you linked to:

"Here you will find descriptions and photos of our main products. If you are interested in a product that is not in this listing please contact us directly or find a dealer in your region"

which I interpret to mean that the page does not give a complete listing.

Also, Seminis is not all of Monsanto: they own a number of other companies (number subject to change without notice, or at least without notice to me). What I wish I could get is a complete list of all seed that Monsanto owns, preferably updated with some frequency. However, these bits and pieces are useful: at least I can look up those particular varieties. Thanks again.