market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] onion plants again

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] onion plants again
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:58:49 GMT

We paid about 200 dollars for our used one. It was in really good shape
though, so we haven't had to replace much of anything. We did have to buy
different sprockets, and we're still playing around with plant spacing. We
did a trial run last weekend and with the 7 tooth sprocket our onions were
about 8 inches apart. They do have a 6 tooth sprocket which, like an idiot I
didn't order.
We're thinking it will only be a matter of going in and sticking in an onion
every other one to end up with a 4 inch spacing. I think I can live with
that. It will be so much better than trying to plant all of them by hand.
My husband has the whole transplanter sitting kind of off center I guess
you'd say. By doing that, we are able to get the rows closer together, maybe
12 inches apart? Close to that anyway.
It's like everything else. You just have to play around with stuff until you
figure out the best way to make something work for your situation.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Nutrition
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=GEVUqcriuScamtWBEu2WXAAAJz1IpEJmPFxVJyqaeAXGqH-MAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASQwAAAAA=