market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rabbit anyone??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <list AT seasonseatingsfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rabbit anyone??
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:41:50 -0500

Eight years ago I started raising meat rabbits. I sold them to the processor for $1/lb live weight. If I started doing it this way again today I'd be selling them for a little more than a dollar a pound live weight. I'm going to pay the inspected butcher and sell the finished product myself.  Two restaurants will take them in "bulk" and thaw them as needed.

Robin

Robin Follette
Seasons Eatings Farm
Talmadge ME 04492