market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] manures/GAP training

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] manures/GAP training
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 20:55:31 EST

When I first saw those questions I thought holy moly!  But yes, I did offer to send in questions to the microbiologists who hosted the class.  I'll follow through with that offer and see what they say.  They may be able to shed some light on some of these issues and perhaps initiate some studies in those areas which are insufficiently covered.  I just had a moment of "too much data!".

And yes, it is a huge topic.  But I just read through your other response after reading the whole paper.  Thanks for your careful analysis.  You brought up some excellent points that I may also pass along to the microbiologists.  Perhaps this will stimulate exactly the types of research we'd like to see happen.

Each time I think I have a good handle on what's going on in the soil, something comes along to teach me that I really know very little.  Probably a healthy thing.  :)
Kathryn Kerby
Frog Chorus Farm
Snohomish, WA