market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] manures/GAP training

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] manures/GAP training
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 20:49:37 -0500

On Mar 3, 2010, at 5:04 PM, KAKerby AT aol.com wrote:

I'm sorry, folks, but I'm getting really overwhelmed with all this.  I started this thread because I just took the class and was concerned about what I learned.  I was curious if other folks had gone through the GAP training and if so, whether they were going to change their practices because of them.  Now I'm fielding all sorts of questions about why this paper?  Why those testing protocols? Why didn't the researchers do this and that, and did they know about such and such, and so on.  I have no idea.

Sorry! I didn't reply with that list of questions because I expected you to be able to answer them, but because I thought you had asked what questions we thought important. Apologies if I gave the impression of expecting you to come up with the answers.

It is a really complicated subject; that's part of the reason that hard and fast answers about what to do -- or sometimes, even about how to design the studies -- aren't easy to come by.