market-farming - [Market-farming] Leeks from seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mac" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
  • To: "market-farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Leeks from seed
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:42:43 -0500

We are starting leeks from seed for the first time this year. Should I cut
the tops off at 2 or 3 " a couple of times to help the stems fatten?

Have American Flag up and Upton just emerging. We will also try King Richard
this year, but those seeds just arrived. Thanks for the help, this is a
great list!

Mac