market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ice storm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ice storm
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:42:32 -0500

Can you just double cover it in your greenhouse?
Sue
Vermont

Does anyone know if, in the event we lose power, will my Cole crops be hurt
if I move them into my house? House is located about 200' from the
greenhouse so it will be a bitter cold trek back and forth. We are getting
ready to be hit with a blizzard/ice storm and if I lose power to the
greenhouse the only option I have is to try and move everything into our
home. I'm just wondering if that brief exposure to below freezing temps will
kill everything.
Thanks,
Carla
Perkins, OK