market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Kaolin Clay

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Kaolin Clay
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:46:56 -0500

we've used it too, on unlisted crops, too. To me, it's like plastic mulch and row covers: while your instincts tell you they must be bad for natural growing, you see so many improvements in plant health and vitality that you simply can't account for, at least through my model of why things grow.

The kaolin is supposed to actually improve photosynthesis and, I think, plant cooling.

Be aware that you may have to make multiple applications if you get a lot of rain or careless watering.

haven't dipped, either, but it looks tempting.

-Allan in WV