market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing Saffron in Zone 5

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing Saffron in Zone 5
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 06:11:18 -0500

I would think if you grew these in a simple unheated hoop house you should be able to keep them in the ground all winter. Even a heavy mulch such as ste=raw bales over the bed should work. i have had good success with things surviving Ohio winters under straw bales and in hoop houses that should not survive a winter colder than zone 7