market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] strawberry baskets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] strawberry baskets
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:05:18 -0500

There was a container called a basket buddy that was like a +- 6 inch pipe 2 and 3 feet high with holes up the sides that had a base for using as a pedistal or could be used as a hanger. In the 90s we were getting $30.00 in a low price area. I could not find any of these in a quick web search; keep looking

There is a hanger called UFO for unidentified flowering object, which is a basket with extra holes in the sides.

If you have the guts to charge for plants growing in a plastic bag, there is Al's
Flower Pouch, and several copies.

I have also used regular hangers and plain pots in macrame hangers

Any container will work but try to get as much water capacity and stress to the customer that thius is a high maintainence unit.

For years I used Tristar, now I think I like Sea Coast and Elvie better,
just make sure it is "Day Neutral". Tell the plant supplier what you are doing or they will wait to ship in your outdoor planting season.

We found sales were better for Fathers Day than Mothers Day.

MAsteveINE