market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hightunnel bed orientation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hightunnel bed orientation
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:54:29 -0500

Related but no fulfilling: Steve Moore is giving a pre-conference workshop at PASA this year. In February, I think. Steve was my mentor. Nice to see him back in PA. -Allan in Shepherdstown

Steve Moore runs hoophouses east-west with the north half in beds
perpendicular to the side walls. He covers that entire half of the
hoophouse with conduit hoops, a giant piece of rowcover and a manual
wind-up mechanism. He just spoke about this at the Carolina Farm
Stewardship Association conference. I wasn't there. Can someone who
was say more and give a link?