market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] recommendations re: accounting programs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Reid <chriscreid AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] recommendations re: accounting programs
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:17:00 -0800 (PST)

I have had the experience Kim had with the programoccasionally  doing funky stuff that took a long time to sort out (if I ever did).  If you have someone experienced on the program  (e.g. a bookkeeper) who can come in and train,or at least help troubleshoot when getting started, I imagine that would help a great deal.

I used Quicken for Home and Small Business and yes, it does generate invoices.  One annoying feature is that after a certain number of years (four, I think), the software is supposed to be replaced and certain features stopped working.

I had Excel on my computer and just started using it to track and generate itemized lists to drop into an invoice in Word.  My bank also now makes it much easier to download account information than in the past.  I can download the info onto a spreadsheet, whereas in the past the bank didn't support as many formats.

Chris Reid
Stamford, CT

  • Re: [Market-farming] recommendations re: accounting programs, Chris Reid, 11/11/2009