market-farming - [Market-farming] Over wintering Rosemary and Bay plant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nora Owens" <noraowens AT comcast.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Over wintering Rosemary and Bay plant
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:52:44 -0500

I am wondering if anyone could share their experiences or advice for overwintering Rosemary and Bay plants in an unheated greenhouse. I am growing some crops in high tunnels and realized that there may be some way to bring these two herbs into the greenhouse and keep them alive over the winter (western MA). I have a vague recollection of ways to keep the roots from freezing (in pots) but can’t find the information anywhere. Thanks for any advice.

Nora

Deerfield, MA

  • [Market-farming] Over wintering Rosemary and Bay plant, Nora Owens, 11/06/2009