market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] broccoli leaves and brussel sprouts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] broccoli leaves and brussel sprouts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:20:48 -0400

Also, collard flower shoots before they open are wonderful for salads...crunchy, mild good flavor.

Collards themselves act like perennials here in tropics.  Old stems may get really raunchy, but keep putting out new fresh stems that produce fresh quantities of  leaves.  Haven't seen them bloom here though, only in MA garden.

Best wishes,

Karen