market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Loss of Soil Carbon After Tilling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Loss of Soil Carbon After Tilling
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:48:14 -0500

I do not garden at a commercial level although we do sell some of the produce. I garden at Niles Home for Children in Kansas City, MO. We have 28, 4X30 foot organic no-till beds. I think that this kind of gardening is less work if you use lots of straw and mulch a lot to keep down weeds. Ruth Stout, Masanobu Fukuoka and Findhorn Garden are an inspiration. Below is a link to a workshop video of Patrice Gros of Foundation Farm explaining how he farms commercially using no till methods. I hope this helps.

Marty
http://ia301502.us.archive.org/3/items/No- Till_Organic_Gardening_Workshop-2007_10_27/No- Till_Organic_Gardening_Workshop-2007_10_27_2-Gros_512kb.mp4