market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] spinach and aphids conflicting methods?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] spinach and aphids conflicting methods?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:14:34 -0500

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 08:33:15AM -0700, jay sleichter wrote:
> I was unaware of a private applicators license needed to apply pesticides
> to spray for market.? I see that one as a hard one to enforce.? I follow
> all label directions and harvest requirements.? I usually, never, spray
> anything.

States issue the licenses, so it varies somewhat. I guess. In Texas,
a license is required to buy "restricted use" chemicals and then that
license holder is responsible for supervising the use of the chemical.

If you think there is ANY possibility of needing to use a restricted
use chemical, it is a good idea to get your license. Alternately, you
can identify a licensed neighbor who is willing to buy the chemical for
you and then supervise your use of it.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 670 days 5 hours 08 minutes