market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] parsnips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] parsnips
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:51:09 -0400

The last two years I haven’t planted them, in very northern New York, until late July. Not by purpose, but that is what has happened (lost the seeds this year and finally reordered very late). Last spring when we went to dig them we had decent sized (not huge, but very usable, some 1 ½” diameter). Right now the plants are about 18” tall from this year’s very late planting. Will be interesting to see what they are like come spring.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY

Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe