market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:54:47 -0400

We dunk ours in cold spring water.  Right around 49F.  Then place in a cooler.  Most of it we sell to restaurants.  If we sell at market we sell by weight and simply pull it fresh, with the root out of the cooler and weigh it.  Dunked in chilled water and with the tap root lettuce lasts a while if kept in a cooler, and up to two weeks for a customer once they rinse and spin and store.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855