market-farming - [Market-farming] Fwd: tomato late blight detected in our area

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BillOhio <billohio AT gmail.com>
  • To: Linda Huhman <llhohio AT gmail.com>, Wanda Schnipke <wannacruizer AT aol.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Lee Wolfe <wolfesdoxies AT aol.com>, Mike Nicklow <mnicklow AT columbus.rr.com>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fwd: tomato late blight detected in our area
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:40:09 -0400

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/chatham/ag/SustAg/lateblight.html

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Debbie Roos <Debbie.Roos AT chathamnc.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Subject: tomato late blight detected in our area

Bad news for those of you still growing tomatoes: the late blight that has been wreaking havoc in the mountains has made its way to the Piedmont. I diagnosed my first case this morning. You can find all the details on Cooperative Extension’s Growing Small Farms website at http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/chatham/ag/SustAg/cropproblems.html

If you hope to keep harvesting tomatoes, it’s a good idea to start scouting your fields every couple of days to inspect for this disease. See photos and get control recommendations on the GSF website. The next few days are supposed to be cool and wet which are optimal conditions for the spread of this disease.

Debbie

Debbie Roos
Agricultural Extension Agent
Chatham County Center