market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wilting spinach

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wilting spinach
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 06:58:12 -0400

I harvest my greens early in the day and get them into cold water  spiked with salt and vinegar ASAP. Than spin dry, wrap the greens in a towel and put into a fridge set below 42F. within 24 hours I will pack the greens into 1/2 pound plastic bags for sale. The quality is first rate for about 12 days doing this-no wilting.