market-farming - [Market-farming] Monsanto Seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Monsanto Seeds
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 16:46:09 -0400

A friend of mine was in the process of buying bulk onions from another farmer when I heard the onions were "Candy" onions and I felt compelled to inform him that "Candy" was a Monsanto trademark.  The woman selling the onions was shocked to hear this especially since she just saw the new Michael Pollen movie and she asked me how one knows which seeds are in fact "owned" by Monsanto (she bought the seed from E&R).  I have to admit I'm a bit puzzled by this myself as Monsanto gobbles up seed companies like chickens eat cornmeal and many companies grow Monsanto seed by license confusing the issues further.  I really didn't know what to tell her except to rattle off the ones I remembered off the top of my head.  Is there some up to date listing of these seeds and/or products one could use to avoid them?.  I know Fedco does the best they can to do that work for us with the seeds they sell but Fedco doesn't always have the things I'm looking for and they don't really have a way one can contact them about things like this and don't have the time if they did.  Monsanto is so deceptive its easy to be duped even when one has the best of intensions.  I'm sure the Monsanto Police are watching us LOL, they watch everybody it seems.

Thanks

Wyatt Jones
Jamestown Ohio

Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!