market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hydroponics & Soil Organisms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hydroponics & Soil Organisms
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:42:30 -0500

Greetings,
It might be good to suggest aquaponics to them, instead. Instead of paying for the nutrients that go in the water, you buy fish food and get an extra crop. barrelponics AT yahoo.com is a great place to start.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Marty Kraft wrote:
I have been helping a school start a no-till organic garden. Now they are applying a for a grant doing hydroponics. Are there hydroponic systems that use various beneficial microorganisms to feed the plants? I must admit to some prejudice about avoiding soil to produce plants but have a small window of open mindedness on the subject. I know most are busy but experience or references i would be appreciated.

Marty Kraft