market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Untreated sweet corn sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Untreated sweet corn sources
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:06:42 -0400

Yes this is for next year, its too late this season of course. Thanks for the contact info for E&R contact info, I sent them an E-Mail today  I forgot about them but didn't have the contact info though I could have searched the back issues of this mailing.   I thought I saw it now that you mentioned them.  I already order from Fedco, I think about $1000 in seed  last year, plus things like greensand, kelp meal, and azumite from another of their divisions.  They had very small qty's of Serendipity, which would have been great if they had enough but they didn't and what they had was far more expensive than even Johnny's Montauk at the qty's they had.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they will have it for next year at a decent price but I can't depend on that.  I need between 50-100 lbs, not huge qty's but not small either.  I could just buy a regular SE but a lot of people sell sweet corn and I feel like I need to be a cut above, besides I'm picky about what I sell, and maybe just a little insecure in the sales dept. LOL.  Untreated Super Sweets are easier to get and about the same pricing but they have their problems, need more water, cross and get hard kernels too easy etc, and I'd rather go the synergistic route.  I'll look at the other sources you mentioned later this evening when I have more time.  Thanks again.

Wyatt

Everything looks better on a beautiful new projector screen! Click now!

  • Re: [Market-farming] Untreated sweet corn sources, Wyatt Jones, 08/10/2009