market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Surround and Naturalis

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: bcluton AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Surround and Naturalis
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 13:38:02 -0400

Ditto to Surround being great on Eggplant.  It seems particularly effective because the leaf surface really holds the Surround well.  They also don't throw new leaves out quite as quickly so the coverage lasts a bit longer.  We can plant Eggplant without row cover which was impossible before.

As per the dilution on the Pyganic I don't recall the specs off hand but I just go with the MFR specs.  The handy measuring spout is nice.  And the higher concentration Pyganic is a better value dollar for dollar.  I'm not really sure why they offer the lower concentration other than perhaps trying to maintain some price point on that product line.  It's quite a bit less bang for your buck.

Brian