market-farming - [Market-farming] yellow jacket removal report

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Western Massachusetts Permaculture Guild <westernmapermacultureguild AT lists.thepine.org>, Market Farming Community Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] yellow jacket removal report
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:21:13 -0400

This morning, Norm Patterson of http://www.theyellowjacketexpert.com/ came and vacuumed out and totally removed the 2 large yellow jacket nests that were under the metal roof of my house (one into attic; one behind fascia board).   He wore a bee suit but it looked to me (from my safe viewing place) as if the yellow jackets were mostly interested in attacking the end of the vacuum hose which was suspended away from Norm on a long pole.  One of the nests was complete with queen, eggs, etc.; the other unusual in that it was full of busy workers but no queen, no eggs.   (Alternative family structure now in insects?)   Norm will freeze them (with CO2), then they're off for medical research/use.  Interesting knowledgeable good guy, interesting procedure, no toxic chemicals, rates same ballpark as other removal services.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.  If you're in the western MA, northern CT area and need stinging insect removal, I'd highly recommend this guy.

All best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm
Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs
CockraneDOMINICA
767-449-3038

  • [Market-farming] yellow jacket removal report, Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland, 07/25/2009