market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Phenology

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy Nameth" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Phenology
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:00:05 -0600

Guineas begin laying eggs when the Redbud blooms.
6 weeks?? till first frost when the frost flower blooms.

I'd love to find a listing or compile one.
We spent a lot more time tracking soil temps this spring for planting rather
than just watching the calendar. (love the stats and charts in Johnny's
catalog). Seems to have worked well. We planted summer squash too early last
year and it sulked.

Marcy