market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] GRAIN BEETLE CONTROL

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] GRAIN BEETLE CONTROL
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:11:36 -0400

Bay leaves are reputed to discourage grain beetles and are used as a preventive that does not affect taste of product.  I don't know degree of success, nor do I know if they have an effect on already infested stock.

I wonder if diatomaceous earth wouldn't work though or neem (although neem is pretty stinky).  Both are used with livestock and their feed without ill effect.

Good luck and all best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm
Organic Produce