market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] White plastic mulch for fall cole crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] White plastic mulch for fall cole crops
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:54:49 EDT

We have experienced some of the same problems with the white this year as well, but I feel it has been the fact that it has been so cool and wet in our area.  We have Zinnia's planted on black and some on white  this year and zinnia's on the black are twice as tall and producing a lot better bloom.  Don't think I will use it again on them.  Seems to work on our lettuce transplants, and a lot other things so go figger???????????

Phil from Iowa