market-farming - [Market-farming] grasshoppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "sue roseman" <swissy AT socket.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] grasshoppers
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:40:23 -0500

Hello from very hot wet MO,
I am wondering if there is any NEW organic pesticide that works on grasshoppers.  I have 1,000's of the little buggers that are happily munching their way thru everything in sight.
I have already tried the NO-LO bait stuff and it is a big waste of my money.  I have tried it for years now and still have lots and lots of them.  So I am wondering if thru my browsing of catalogs I have missed a new alternative .  I am ready to throw in the towel with all the rain and hail and now this!  However 20 yrs of growing I will probably just use it to cry in!
Sue
Zone 5