market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mizuna

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mizuna
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:07:25 -0400

Yesterday at the Market, a customer brought me a bag of what looked like mizuna, she wanted me to tell her what it was as it was so good. She had bought it out of state, as she had came up here for her second home. IT was about 14 inches tall and tightly clumped together, Looked like it had been cut below the ground. It was rotted and I didn’t want to look at it too close. But, it did look like Mizuna. Is this what others are doing with their mizuna? I cut mine at about 6 to 7 inches. Mine is not grown that tightly together. She said it was wonderful and only cost $2.00 for that huge bunch.   She sampled my mizuna, but didn’t; say if it was the same as what she had bought. I cut mine where it will grow bak, but this bunch was not cut that way.

Thanks.

Sue

Vermont