market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tillage tools - hydro

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tillage tools - hydro
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:27:46 EDT

John some of the earlier hydro's didn't have enough oil cooling ability and the oil would get hot in long term uses in the field.  There has been vast improvement in the technology and design in the methods of cooling systems.  Hydro's will take a lot if all the big combines and big loaders are all hydro's.  I've had 4 large tractors the were hydro's and they held up very good for the load they had pull.  I would notbe afraid to chisel with mine  and I do use a 5 shank chisel on mine every fall to tear up everything before winter sets in.  My mulch lifter pulls harder than the chisel plow because I run it kindof deep.

Phil