market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] GMO's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] GMO's
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:43:06 -0500

Maybe all the organic growers could bring a class action suit against Monsanto for ruining livelihoods.

Marty
On Jun 10, 2009, at 12:51 PM, <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com> wrote:

Another question I have is how big of an impact does the relatively widespread use of Bt producing crops have on instigating insect resistance to the bacterial agent?  How soon can we growers, who depend on occasional use of Bt agents like Xentari and Dipel, expect to have the value of those pesticides mitigated due to the use of YieldGard and Herculex seeds?  I do wonder if any University scientists or otherwise impartial individuals have investigated these possibilities.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522