market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] What price for mulch Hay

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] What price for mulch Hay
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:30:23 -0700

On a math note, if small square bales weigh 40# and bring $4 and large
squares are 25x small squares and bring $20, then the smalls cost $200/T and
the large are $40/T. Unless the smalls are drastically easier to handle and
cleaner (less weed seed and/or dust), go large!

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522