market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli varieties
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:24:25 GMT

I was reading through some extension publications concerning fall broccoli
production, and Mississippi had trialed those varieties. The size was double
what I'm getting with Premium Crop. I'd like to give them a try, but still
haven't found a seed source. If they've been renamed, I can't find it.
Same with asparagus seed. I'm looking for Atlas, and UC-157 Fl. They do
better here with our heat, but I can't find seed.
I called one company yesterday, but they won't ship in quantities smaller
than a pound. That's 20,000 seed. I need 5000 seed of each variety. And, at
250 bucks a pound that's more than I want to pay!
Very frustrating.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Save on Security Cameras. Click Now!