market-farming - [Market-farming] Squash Blossoms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Squash Blossoms
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 07:45:12 -0700 (PDT)

I have had some people ask for these. I have seen them on food shows, but I don't know much more. I will try some this week and see what they taste like.  My questions are, when do you pick them, only male blossoms or both, how do you store them post harvest, how do you store them at market and what do you charge?  My parthenocopic squash in my hoop house don't need the male blossoms and they could be another item I could sell.  I am already picking zucchini.

Thanks,

Jay from Kansas