market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm Yoga

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Diane Wilson" <dilwilson AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm Yoga
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 20:47:07 -0500

After 23 years of gardening personally & professionally, then stopping to have a baby and be a full time mom/very part time gardener for 7 years, my husband and I started a small market garden last summer. Old lower back injuries that chiropractic visits, acupuncture and youth had made tolerable in earlier days became major problems. Much of the winter was spent in physical therapy 3x/week so that I could stop hobbling around and sleep through the night! I can’t seem to get it together to attend a yoga class even once a week. But I found a yoga DVD that I watch and practice with every day before going out to work, and it has really saved me:

 http://www.amazon.com/Viniyoga-Therapy-Back-Sacrum-Kraftsow/dp/B000U0C9UE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1243300804&sr=8-1

It’s the first time in my life I’ve had the discipline to exercise consistently. But at age 55, I guess it’s not optional for me anymoreJ

Diane in Kansas